Adult Family Consulting
Adult family consulting creates a space for multiple family members to come together to discuss the dynamics of the relationship and major decisions they need to make as a family. It is offered via telehealth on the Zoom platform.
Often it is difficult to be part of a family system filled with individual personalities and full histories. There are strategies and tools that we can use to help individuals remain calm while discussing difficult topics or memories. Having a professional to help balance and teach new techniques can make all the difference when discussing important family decisions.
Some topics that are often discussed are the following:
- Defining what people mean by love, sadness, fear or anger
- How to compassionately listen to each other
- The roles and tasks of caregiving
- Understanding the difference between expectations and capacity
- Exploring the best way to communicate with each other
- Responding vs. Reacting
- Discussing when it is time to bring in professional help
- Many things related to moving a loved one to supported housing
- Understanding and planning next steps in care
- Quality vs. Quantity of life
It would be an honor to work with your family. Please reach out with any questions you may have or to get started today.